Everyone ages. Part of the aging process is the development of wrinkles due to loss of moisture and thickness on the skin. While it is a natural occurrence, other factors like sun exposure can cause premature skin aging.
Many people are concerned about different skin issues. How do you address them? Are there natural skin care products you can use?
Having younger-looking skin is possible. However, you need to understand what causes it to find the right solution.
A lot of individuals face the effects of photoaging without them even knowing what it is about. Generally, it refers to skin damage due to prolonged exposure to the sun. UV radiation from the sun causes the premature appearance of lines, wrinkles, and pigmentation problems.
Here are some of the common signs you should look out for:
- Loss of elasticity
- Age spots
- Broken blood vessels
- Mottled pigmentation
- Sun-related breakouts, cysts, and milia
It is never too early to take steps against photoaging. The damages that you may suffer when you are older are the result of cumulative damage from your childhood and young adult years. So the earlier you protect your skin, the better.
The best way to do that is to limit the time you spent in the sun, especially during intense hours. Wear sun protection that suits your skin type. Focus more on exposed areas like the face, neck, and hands.
Giving Oils a Try
If you are unsure of what products to use, why not give natural skin care a try? Consider incorporating oils into your routine.
You may think oils are not good for the skin, but finding the right product is the key to softer and younger-looking skin.
That is where essential and carrier oils come in. Here are some of those that are great in combating the effects of photoaging:
- Jojoba Oil – This carrier oil has proven itself helpful when it comes to skin hydration. It can also help in reducing wrinkles and the appearance of age spots.
- Frankincense Oil – This oil can be used as an astringent to help reduce blemishes, as well as the appearance of wrinkles. It is also a good essential oil for skin tightening.
- Lavender Oil – Aside from its relaxing scent, lavender oil is great in fighting the signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles. It also has an antioxidant characteristic, which is good for the skin.
- Rosehip Oil – Say goodbye to age spots and wrinkles with rosehip oil. It not only helps address the signs of aging but also helps boost collagen.
- Rose Geranium Oil – This oil has the ability to tighten the skin, which helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles. Thus, reducing the effects of photoaging.
- Patchouli Oil – Aside from its relaxation benefits, patchouli oil also helps address dry skin. It also helps lessen the risk of wrinkle formation.
- Coconut Oil – This oil helps address skin dryness. Its collagen components help with skin elasticity, which lessens wrinkles and makes the skin firmer.
Another option is to buy a product made from natural ingredients, such as the Immortelle Serum. It combines the advantages of various oils to address fine lines and wrinkles while giving the skin that much-needed moisture.
When it comes to photoaging, prevention is better than treatment. While being exposed to the sun is unavoidable, you can always take extra precautions.
With natural skin care, your skin will surely thank you.
META DESCRIPTION: Overexposure to the sun can lead to photoaging. Natural skin care, such as the use of carrier and essential, can help in fighting the signs.