Much like the skin, our hair is porous and subject to damage from pollutants and many outside factors. What we’re left with when hair is subject to damage is frizz, breakage, and hair that is difficult to manage or work with on a daily basis. The right hair oils can serve to protect the hair, however, and provide a natural solution to the damage that has already been caused.
The 5 Best Oils For Protecting And Repairing The Hair
- Wellbeing Hair Oil – A personally designed blend passed down two generations, Wellbeing Hair Oil combines patchouli essential oil with coconut oil to provide not only a healthy hair and scalp, but an aromatherapy experience as well. The fatty acids found in coconut oil work to remove sebum buildup from hair follicles while nourishing the scalp, while patchouli essential oil is effective in balancing the scalp while potentially promoting hair growth.
- Wellkiss Hair Oil – With coconut oil as a carrier base, Wellkiss Hair Oil combines lemon essential oil with fennel oil to provide an invigorating aromatherapy experience. Fennel essential oil brings essential nutrients to the scalp that work to strengthen hair, while lemon essential oil is the perfect tool to combat an oily scalp and restore natural balance.
- Lavender oil – Lavender oil, whether on its own or combined with other hair-friendly carrier oils like coconut oil, can do a laundry list of great things to promote healthy hair. It has been known to be an effective lice deterrent, it may be able to prevent or control hair loss, it increases scalp blood flow, it’s an effective antifungal, and it serves to heal dandruff. Lavender may also be mixed with other essential oils like rosemary and patchouli to create a healthy-hair essential oil cocktail with a delightful aroma.
- Castor Oil – Castor oil is a long-used remedy for hair loss, thinning hair, or weak hair. For hair cleansing, the oil works to draw out dirt and impurities from the scalp, leaving hair clean, soft, and free of buildup when added to a washing or conditioning routine. Perfume-free, the oil has a natural light scent and can be used for the hair, moisturizing the skin, treatment of acne, and thickening the brows or lashes.
- Virgin coconut oil – Virgin coconut oil is an oil that has a place in everyone’s regimen cabinet. For the hair, the oil can be combined with essential oils or used alone to promote hair growth, nourish the scalp, and remove the tough buildup left behind from synthetic hair products. As a carrier oil with essential oils like lavender or rosemary with a dilution of 5 to 10%, virgin coconut oil retains its own benefits while delivering the benefits of the 100% natural essential oils as well.
100% natural hair oils like Wellbeing, Wellkiss, Virgin Coconut Oil, and Lavender Essential Oil are the key to getting healthy and vibrant hair naturally.